About Me

My photo

Husband of one, Father of two, Fly for Fun, Get paid to wait.

Saturday, February 16, 2008

This So Called Pastor Is Really Serious!!!


ALERT: This post is not intended to offend anyone, but this kind of crazy preaching needs to be "called on the carpet."

This is one of the things wrong with the extreme independent fundamental baptist KJV-only branch of Christianity. I did not know whether to laugh, cry, or scream at the computer screen.

I feel for the congregation that has to sit through this stuff every Sunday. I pray that God's grace still finds its way into the hearts of the people that hear this kind of nonsense.

If you want a better explaination of what this phrase means, you can read more about it here and here and here and here. Make sure you read the comment sections as well.

The pastor is Steven Anderson, pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Arizona. The church has a website and he also has a blog. He has never been to college or seminary. He actually believes going to college is a SIN.

(I Sam 25:22, 34; I Kings 14:10; 16:11; 21:21; II Kings 9:8) 6 times this phrase is found in the KJV.

No comments: