About Me

My photo

Husband of one, Father of two, Fly for Fun, Get paid to wait.

Monday, March 3, 2008

Ever Try To Land In A Hurricane?



A Lufthansa Airbus 320 was caught on video trying to land in a strong crosswind. The winds were the result of Hurricane Emma. The plane was carrying 137 passengers. The flight had taken off from Munich, and was landing at Hamburg, Germany. The Hurricane winds were gusting to 155 mph at times. The pilot did make a successful landing the second time around.

The pilot made a good decision to go-around and try another landing. I have landed in some strong crosswinds, but nothing this strong.

2 comments:

Jason said...

hey Matt,

Is this the video of the plane touching down then having to take off again? I heard about it but I haven't seen it yet I couldn't get it to play...i think it has expired.

Btw, the "Real Preachers of Genius" was hilarious!

jAsOn

Matt Mabe said...

Yes Jason this is the video, try it now I think it should work. The real preachers video was definitely funny.

Matt