About Me

My photo

Husband of one, Father of two, Fly for Fun, Get paid to wait.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Focus Conference 2009-Day 2

Breakfast 7:15am - 8:15am

Third Session Peter Hubbard

A God Glorifying Mission - 1 Peter 2:9-12

Understanding Our Calling
1. Identity - Who are we?
-We are the people of God
a. a new identity
b. a plural identity
c. a distinct identity
2. Mission - What do we do?
-We are to make disciples of Jesus
3. Purpose - Why do we do it?
-We are to glorify God

Fourth Session Rick Holland

Jonathan Edwards: A Life Of No Regrets - Ecclesiastes 11:7-12:8

Resolution #2 - "Resolved, to be continually endeavoring to find out some new contrivance and invention to promote the aforementioned things."

Pastor Rick gave a little background on King Solomon.

Resolution #17 - "Resolved, that I will live so, as I shall wish I had done when I come to die."

We Should Resolve to Redeem (enjoy) the Prime of our Life.
Life is described in verse 7 as sweet and good.
In verse 9 God commands us to love life and enjoy it.
There is a BUT though in that verse.

"Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood. And follow the impulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes Yet know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things."

You need to pursue your desires within the boundaries God has set up.

Resolution #52 - "I frequently hear persons in old age, say how they would live, if they were to live their lives over again: Resolved, that I will live just so as I can think I shall wish I had done, supposing I live to old age."

Resolution #9 - "Resolved, to think much on all occasions of my own dying, and of the common circumstances which attend death."

Skiing At Ski Beech

Beech Mountain Resort



2 comments:

Mark said...

Matt, thanks very much for the Focus Conference update.

Matt Mabe said...

You are welcome. We had a great time, and God really blessed.